Michy Batshuayi has joked his place in the Borussia Dortmund first team could be in jeopardy after Usain Bolt’s trial with the Bundesliga side last week.
Bolt took part in a Dortmund training session last Friday with the eight-time Olympic gold medallist even netting from a header during a practice game.
Batshuayi joined Dortmund on loan from Chelsea in January and has hit eight goals in 11 matches since moving to Germany, but still joked he was fearful of the increased competition for places Bolt could provide.
“I watched the videos,” Batshuayi told Belgian media while on international duty. “He did nutmegs and scored a good goal. He’s a champion. He pushes himself beyond his limits every day. He wants to beat all the records. He’s trying to establish himself in another sport, that’s classy, I’m happy for him. But I hope he doesn’t come and take my place.”
Bolt, the Jamaican 100 metres and 200 metres world-record holder, seeks to make his way in the professional game and said he was hopeful of taking part in further sessions with Dortmund.
“It’s a bit of a shame to have missed [Bolt’s trial],” Batshuayi said. “I hope he’ll still be there when I get back and we can exchange a few passes.”
Bayern Munich manager Jupp Heynckes congratulated RB Leipzig on a “deserved” 2-1 victory over his side on Sunday.
RB Leipzig shook off an early Sandro Wagner goal to collect their first-ever win over the Bavarians, getting goals from Naby Keita and Timo Werner to seal the deal.
And Heynckes, whose side still sit comfortably atop the Bundesliga table, said after the match: “We met a Leipzig side today who right from the start were full of strong running, extremely aggressive and displayed good pressing. They also did this in St Petersburg on Thursday [in the Europe League].
“I warned against this and we didn’t play like we have done in recent weeks. If we had played over the 90 minutes like we did in the last half hour then we would not have lost.
“But we have to clearly admit that Leipzig deserved to win the game. They had some great chances in the first half which [goalkeeper] Sven Ulreich saved well.
“We had some clear chances in the final half hour but there are such games like this where you don’t perform so convincingly and your defensive work isn’t up to our usual standards.
“We deservedly came second.
“We have to fight to secure wins and we have to appreciate the fact that we faced an exceptional opponent in Leipzig.”
Heynckes left his Bayern future open to interpretation earlier this month when he said he has not definitely committed to leaving the club in the summer.
And he was asked whether he would discuss his position with the board over the international break.
“No, I am driving home and taking a week’s holiday,” Heynckes said.
FC Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi scored his 600th senior goal recently, joining an illustrious club of just eight players who have achieved this. Here are all eight stars who have netted more than 600 official goals in their career.
Click through the gallery above to see all eight players who have scored more than 600 official goals.
The Argentine netted a brace against Chelsea to take his career tally to 602 strikes – 541 with FC Barcelona and another 61 when wearing his national team’s colours.
Of his goals for the Barca, 100 of them came in the UEFA Champions League, becoming only the second player behind Cristiano Ronaldo to reach this mark.
The 30-year-old scored another 373 in LaLiga, 47 in the Copa del Rey, 13 in the Spanish Super Cup, five at the FIFA Club World Cup and another three in UEFA Super Cups.
Only seven players have scored more official career goals than the Blaugrana talisman, according to AS.
His longstanding rival Cristiano Ronaldo sits in sixth place in the ranking, having scored 641 career goals. He currently sits on 439 strikes for Real Madrid, 118 during his time at Manchester United, five in his early days at Sporting Lisbon and another 79 for Portugal.
Read: Conte: What I Told Messi After Chelsea’s UCL Exit
Brazil legend Pele sits at the top of the ranking with 757 goals – 77 in Selecao colours, 643 for Brazilian club Santos and the rest coming from his later stint in Major League Soccer.
Olivier Giroud insists Antonio Conte has the full backing of the Chelsea squad despite back-to-back defeats against Manchester United and Manchester City.
The Blues lost further ground in the race for the top four after a 1-0 defeat to City at the Etihad on Sunday, leaving them five points off Spurs in fifth.
The defeat means Chelsea have lost four of their last five Premier League matches and they host Crystal Palace before a daunting trip to Barcelona in the second leg of their last-16 Champions League tie next week.
Giroud was thrown on as a late substitute against City and the Frenchman, recently signed from Arsenal, insists.
‘It is not a crisis.We played United & City away,’ said Giroud.
‘Obviously, we could have done better but these are not small games.We are not happy with that.
‘It is not the day and the moment to question whether we are behind the boss or not. Obviously we are behind him and together.’
The speculation over Conte’s future has intensified over recent weeks and Italy are keen on hiring him again as their national coach.
The Italian has 15 months to run on his existing deal having signed fresh terms with the club after last season’s title-winning campaign.